Unlock Password-protected Data Quickly and Easily
Eliminate one of the most common and frustrating delays in digital investigations with Tableau Password Recovery (TPR). Whether working on security, law enforcement, or e-discovery investigations, TPR streamlines and accelerates the process of identifying and unlocking password-protected files. Having access to the information in these files will provide vital evidence for investigations and help bring cases to a faster verdict.
Need to Update Your TPR Unit(s)?
TPR 1.2 is available as a free update. For update instructions and release notes, click here.
Tableau TACC 2 + Passware
Based on the popular first generation TACC, TPR is powered by four Tableau field-programmable gate array hardware accelerator version 2 cards (TACC 2). These cards were purpose-built to accelerate hash calculations of dictionary and brute-force password attacks for Passware, the industry-leading password recovery software.
No More CPU and GPU
No more worries about system resource demands, cumbersome workflows, or the prohibitive expense and driver-maintenance of GPU-based solutions. TPR is:
- Fast: Accelerates password recovery at speeds up to 175 times faster than CPU-based solutions
- Powerful: Leverages four Tableau FPGA cards (TACC 2) for hardware acceleration of Passware Kit Forensic, the industry leading password recovery software
- Energy-efficient: Only requires as much energy as a typical workstation, providing significantly lower operating costs, and greater system stability and server cage power management than GPU-based password recovery solutions
- Linearly scalable: No performance is lost when integrating additional Tableau Password Recovery units, and scalability is only limited by power and server cage requirements
- Flexible: With free software updates, TPR will support accelerating additional file types without needing any future hardware requirements
TPR integrates directly with EnCase® Forensic, EnCase® Endpoint Investigator, EnCase® eDiscovery, and EnCase® Endpoint Security. An EnCase plugin, called the Password Recovery Assistant, simplifies the process of submitting protected files, unlocking them, and updating the active case with the newly unlocked data and the corresponding password with just a few clicks.
Additional product information such a Product Brief, User Guide, and update Instructions can be found in “Resources.”
For more information or a sales quote, contact Guidance Software sales or an Authorized Tableau Reseller.